Monday, July 9, 2012

Echo of Her Cry By Author: Jamie Jones


Synopsis:
Myla Pickins was the average carefree teenager living what seemed to be the perfect life. With successful parents in the food industry, a fun-spirited best friend, and the love & attention of almost every high school girl’s dream guy, life couldn’t be more rewarding-that is until devastating news, at least for an unwed teenager, abruptly halts her fun. While eventually accepting the upcoming role of motherhood, and with the support of her parents and boyfriend, Bernard, Myla begins to understand the changes she needs to make to improve her life. But the story is just beginning to unfold. Discover the shocking secret that will turn her world upside-down and force her to make decisions she never imagined. Will she break under pressure, or will she find the strength to move forward?



Excerpt:
No one should EVER have to end up here…
I lie face down on the concrete. Bloody, bruised, crying, struggling to stand…where am I? Who can I call for help? Immediately a vision of my cell phone popped into my head. I saw it just where I left it–in Benny’s room. I crawl, finding the strength to rise to my feet. I’m not very familiar with the location, but I think it’s close to my cousin’s house. I manage to hail a taxi that is leaving the neighborhood. It feels as though only seconds have passed as the driver parks. I limp until houses are within view. Thankfully, the neighborhood is way closer to Dennis than I thought. Staggering, I head down the street, constantly looking over my shoulder hoping they’re not behind me. The very thought forces me to try my hardest to run, regardless of the pain. Weak and numb from walking, my legs give way, forcing me to the ground. The initial shock of the pavement crashing into my face leaves me breathless, so breathless I fall into the temporary comfort of my body lying still. The comfort lasts but a second as thoughts of my attackers finding me jolt me to my feet. The next few moments are a blur, but I am thankful to find myself at Dennis’ doorstep. ‘Ding-dong!’ Screams of terror fire from the mouth of his wife, Joanna, at the sight of my bloody and swollen face. I still remember that horrific moment like yesterday. Like a CD spinning on repeat, it plays over and over and over in my head.
Jamie Jones is ready for her close up. She always did have a passion for writing since she was a little girl. Going from writing stories that only her family could read and writing scripts as a little girl in which she would act out all the characters; this 27 year old stay at home mom decided she is ready to share her passion of writing with the world. She once had a desire to have a successful music career, until she realized that being an author was not only a passion but it just fit her perfectly. After facing a number of rejections growing up trying to strive for a music career; she decided she would self-publish her debut novel, Echo of Her Cry to be in control of her own destiny. That’s when Passion Street Publications was born in which she is the CEO and Founder of. Jamie makes it clear that she would love to be signed to the right publisher. Until then; she is determined to be a respected self-published author. Jamie loves being with her family. She and her husband and 2 year old daughter reside in Houston, Texas.


Get to Know Jamie:
1.)    WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO WRITE, ECHO OF HER CRY?
I wanted to write about teen pregnancy from a different prospective. It’s a fiction novel but very much realistic. I’m sure many will be able to relate to this book.

2.)    WHAT IS THE MEANING BEHIND THE TITLE, ECHO OF HER CRY?
When you think of an echo; repetition comes to mind. The character Myla has many days and nights of non-stop crying. We all know that an echo fades-so that’s pretty much describes Myla’s healing process overtime. With the difficulties she experiences, her tears won’t dry overnight. It’s a process-which is why I chose to make Echo of Her Cry a 3-book series. I want each book to focus on her stages of healing.

3.)    HOW HAS YOUR EXPERIENCE BEEN AS A SELF-PUBLISHED AUTHOR?
It’s definitely been a learning process. Writing is a passion of mine so I have been thoroughly enjoying learning many things along the way. I will say though, that the part that requires the hardest work is marketing and promotion. Regardless of how good a book is-if people don’t know about it, the book won’t sale. So, my goal is to let as many people as possible know about, Echo of Her Cry.

4.)    WHAT DO YOU HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH WITH YOUR BOOK, ECHO OF HER CRY?
Definitely I want a growing fan base and respect from readers. I also would like to get the attention of publishers.

 5.)    IN ECHO OF HER CRY, DID YOU EVER EXPERIENCE WRITER’S BLOCK? IF SO, HOW DID YOU OVERCOME IT?
There were times I did get writer’s block. When that happen I usually just close down my laptop and clear my mind until I can gather my thoughts. I don’t force anything. My best work comes naturally.

6.)    WHAT ARE YOUR FUTURE PROJECTS?
Well earlier I mentioned that Echo of Her Cry is a 3-book series, so I’m now working on part 2 and 3.

7.)    IS THERE ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO SAY TO YOUR READERS?
I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. I really appreciate you all for reading my book and giving me your feedback.

Web-links:
Twitter: @itsjamiej
Facebook: authorjamiejones




No comments:

Post a Comment